Monday, April 25, 2011

Lucky Late than Never

So this is supposed to be a craft blog, and I barely post anything crafty here...blame the time game on that one.

So here is some tidbits from my March Lucky decorating. I kept it simple: changed out the jars in my soda crate hanging on the wall in the lobby. Every month it has a different look and theme. This is March's look. The top row has thrifty paper crinkles that I made myself from lunch bags. The second row has wheat berries and cupcake lucky charms inserted. The bottom row has green polka dot scrapbook paper and chipboard letters that I had on hand spelled "luck." The top of the shelf: I shopped my house and put them on there:


I collect vintage Ball jars, and change up things inside them all the time:



Plus my favorite decor item is my gumball machine. The month of March had the thrifty shredded paper cut from a lunch paper bag, crunched up, thrown it, and added some shamrocks I had on hand:


I let my kids use the cupcake shamrock toothpicks I had leftover and they stuck them all over the place. Here is a few in my antique milkvase with the new sprigs of spring grass growing it in, from wheat berries:


I added a bit more green on my piano. I have two antique milkvases on it, and I am always trying to come up with ideas to fill it up with something cute. The weather got weird in Feb and Mar: superhot, supercold, superhot, supercold. I decided not to plant my mints in March and temporarily put them in the vases for instant lucky green:



This thrifted makeover shelf has something new hanging from it or on it every month. The month of March had my lucky star charms I made last year hanging on it:





So that's it. Very very simple. Being a busy mom who lives in her car only allows me a tiny bit of decorating in the house lately. Keep tuned in for April/Easter decorating that I did.

2 comments:

Tracie said...

These are great.

You need to come to my house and tell me how to do this. I like the idea of having places where the theme changes every month instead of decorating the whole house. That's a lot more realistic for me.

But I don't know how or where to do this. You need to give me ideas.

HayLee said...

Very cute. I decorate for Christmas, and that is it. so creative.