Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Thrifty Easter Tablescape

I haven't decorated or set the table for Easter in several years.

For some reason I was in the mood to do so the previous Sunday:



I used a green tablecloth that I had for years. I put a leftover strip of burlap down the center.

The plates are from my Crazy Daisy Corella collection from thrift stores.

The milkglass vases were from thrift stores, and I added rosemary from my garden in the vases.

The mugs were also from thrift stores over the years. Each mug had a slice of orange and cold water.

Leah did the silverware and the napkins. I forgot to tell her that it should be on the right side of the plates, lol.

The two baskets are from a future project. I have about 10 of them. The two baskets on the table held the kids dyed Easter eggs from Saturday night, kept cold for dinner and nicely decorated the table.

The candlestick is a thrift store find a couple years ago. It has been spray painted in different colors about 4 different times. Currently is is a lovely aqua color. The candles were borrowed from my room to the table to add ambience.

Basically I shopped my house and looked around for items to use.

The kids and husband were slightly amused as this isn't really my thing. I am more likely to throw the silverware to the center of the table and tell them to help themselves to their eating untensils and food.

The Easter dinner of ham, funeral potatoes, brocolli, and fruit were set on the countertop as a buffet.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Looks great. I'm sure the dinner was great too.