Friday, August 20, 2010

Another Year Older?

A certain day is coming soon. It is a day in which I wish my body will age in reverse.

For like the next 6 years, and then stay there.

And for the "celebration" today for this coming certain day in which another dreaded number creeps up, I decided to spend it with my husband. Today is his day off from work, and all my kids are in school.

I just got paid from my job. I put a huge chunk of it into a vacation savings account. Cha-ching for the bank.

eep.

And yesterday my printer died.

eep.

When do I get to spend anything on myself? Especially on my "celebration" with another dreaded number?

So today my dear hubs and I went to Best Buy. I found a printer I wanted for 30 dollars less than I originally thought it would cost. Cha-ching? (that doesn't really count as something for myself) Nope.

Then I happened to meander over to the photo area. I think my hubs knew that my cha-ching was about to disappear. So after the Best Buy took apart the entire display area so I could play with check out the new lens on a camera similar to mine, I ended up with a decision to finally buy my 55-250 Canon lens for my camera. It only took me a year to finally buy it. Cha-ching? Yep! I finally got what I wanted!

Then my hubs took me to Chipotle across the street for lunch. I will forever say it wrong: Chip-po-tay. Good food. Too crowded and noisy for a good visit with my hubs though. Cha-ching? Nope.

Then we headed nearby to the mall. Cha-ching for hubs? I finally got to use my Bath and Body Works gift card a dear friend gave to me. Cha-ching for me!

Then I decided I MIGHT want to check out the Sears clearance rack. Then I saw Payless Shoe Store and ran as fast as I could meandered over because I have been looking for ballet shoes my daughter needed to replace the ones blistering her feet. Size one ballet shoes always seem to be out. And today the PSS at the mall of all places! finally had them. Cha-ching for me! (and my dear daughter!)

Afterwards I come out of PSS and my hubs is missing! I think he might have suffered from mall shock. I texted him like 6 times:

Hey, I am done. 


Where are you? 


Where r u at? 


I am done, I don't want to go to Sears. 


I am done with Payless.

I am waiting and waiting. Like 18 WHOLE minutes!! I am tired. The mall is hot and humid in the hallways.

Cha-ching?

Texting again:

Hello?


Where is the car parked at?


Como estas? Do I need to call a cab to get home?

Then dear hubs finally shows up, looking a little too relaxed.

He didn't die from mall shock!

"Soo...where were you at?"

"At Oriental Chi"

"Chi?"

"Getting a chair massage."

"Really? Where?"

(walked over to Oriental Chi)

"I want a massage too!"

Cha-ching!

"By the way hon, ignore the last text."

Thanks for a great day hubs.

By the way, I will be forever 30!

2 comments:

HayLee said...

Happy Birthday! ok, if your forever 30, then that means you are only 6 years older now....how nice! haha.

Love ya, glad you had a good day celebrating with the hubs! Cha-ching!

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

Haha Thanks HayLee! Cha-ching to you too!! Love ya!