Saturday, July 9, 2011

My Vintage Pyrex Treasures!


I grew up with these pyrex bowls from the 70's and 80's:


I have wonderful memories of helping my mother make homemade brownies in these bowls, red jello with whip cream and bananas, putting in peas and carrots for the Thanksgiving table, and making chocolate and banana pudding for pies, and so much more.

These bowls remind me of happy memories from home.

Imagine my surprise last month when I discovered that my Mom still had these bowls, and then she gave them to me. Such a precious treasure to me. I hope to give these one day to my daughter when she grows up and is the queen in her kitchen making brownies for her kids.

This vintage style is hard to find. Some I have seen on Etsy between 55 to 75 for the set.


I hope to find this one someday to help complete the set. I just need to keep looking at Goodwill:



I found the middle two bowls at Goodwill. I also hope to complete the set, which is called Spring Green Blossom, I would love to have the plates set as well:


 The reason I want these Pyrex bowls? They have held up well over the years. All the other bowls have broken and fallen apart on me. These bowls were built to last a long time.

Plus you can't deny the cuteness factor.

What Pyrex styles do you have hiding in your cupboards?

3 comments:

natalie christensen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
natalie christensen said...

Love the Pyrex! How cool is it that your mom still had them and now there yours! Hope you find some more.

Marci said...

We had pyrex too! White with blue flowers or something. I have no idea what they are called but I do have good memories!