Saturday, May 22, 2010

Justice Inspired Clothing



Do you know all about Justice?

Not the one about freedom for all mankind and that kind of stuff.

The Justice. The one with the cute swirly heart logo:





Yeah, that's the one I am talking about: the one in the mall that gives you "40 percent off" coupons in the mail all the time.

But their prices are still ridiculous! $16.45 for a tutu skort on sale? $16.45 for a tee shirt on sale big enough to fit my little shiz tzu poo?

Now here is the catch. My little girl loves Justice. No, she {a big fat heart with rainbows and sparkles} Justice.

The latest craze right now is hot pink and zebra prints here and there in the Justice clothing.

So I decided to make my little girl her own Justice clothes with a touch of Mom's love:





Easy Peasy. Go to Michael's and get the pre-made stretchy white top. (I use the 50 percent coupons all the time. I signed up for the catalog that comes in the mail with coupons) Get a few cool fabrics by the yard. I have zebra print, Pink with white polka dots, and Black with white polka dots.

Get what you need for the white smocking by yardage by measuring around your little girls body first. Then sew the smocking together in a straight line so it is like a tube.

Make a skirt, and do a little gathering. Pin on the skirt to the stretchy white thing called smocking and sew. You can even attach an old skirt too! Upcycle your old teeshirts and clothes into something new!

Ta-ta. Done! Maybe make a fabric flower with matching leftover fabric to clip to the hair or the outfit on the belted waist or on top of the outfit. The belt came from my old shirt and matched perfectly!



So, what project that you have done that you can share with me?


1 comment:

HayLee said...

How cute. I have only done my quilt, unfortunately school i taking up ALL my free time, so it is sitting in a room, waiting to be tied so it can go on my bed.