Monday, May 31, 2010

"I already told you!"

You would think that I would have learned by now...

Today while paying for a purchase at Ace, I scanned my card and said, "Debit please."

Then I saw that the info on the screen 'thingie' where you make your payments with a card said "credit."

Then I said, "I wanted debit please."

The young female cashier gets exasperated with me and said, "I just already explained and told you that the credit will run like a debit, (talking to me like I was some sort of toddler.....yadayayaydayaydya-I stopped listening at this point, I have heard this conversation before)

*whatever*

So I said, "Oh, so while I was fiddling with my wallet and this machine, you were talking to me the whole time? Sorry. I am deaf. I didn't hear anything you said."

I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me. You would think I have learned how to sidestep this problem next time.

Next time I go shopping, I think I will tape a big note on my forehead just before I get to the cashier:

"I AM DEAF. Please don't speak unless spoken to and I am looking at you."

No comments: