Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Candle Sniffers

I have a little pet peeve about something that EVERY cashier has done to me since I starting purchasing supplies at the store for the last 14 years.

1. I get an candle (and a bunch of other stuff)

2. I wait in line FOREVAH

3. I bite my tongue when cashier is SO slow

4. Cashier rings up my candle from my stash of other stuff, opens the lid and takes a sniff.

5. And I snarkily say "yeah, that smells good, don't it?" (thinking: make me wait a little longer, will ya?)

The first year during shopping for my family was fun.

The second year was okay.

The third year was boring.

The fourth year and continuing: STOP WASTING MY TIME!

If the cashier starts sniffing my gum and treats, I am seriously going to lose it.

(BTW: no male cashiers ever do this)

Maybe I should learn and make sure I get in line with the MALE cashiers. But they move so much
slower!!


Next time I am bring my friend Flower with me when I go shopping. I guarantee that the cashier will speed things up and stopping perusing over the items I decided to buy:



1 comment:

HayLee said...

haha, i hate it when they do that, or comment on your purchases...didn't want yo opinion!