Monday, October 11, 2010

Sweet Cucumbers?

Recently I went to Apple Annie's with my family.

We picked pumpkins and all the stuff needed to make our annual homemade sala, made by my oldest son.

Along the way to walking back to the produce barn, we saw a lone watermelon growing out in the watermelon patch after all the others have already been picked. We decided to take that little baby home with us.

Tonight I cut open my watermelon expecting juicy red sweetness. Instead I got white watermelon?

Turns out that the watermelon wasn't done growing.

Hehe!

It tasted like sweet cucumbers though. We enjoyed them with our dinner with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.

Also tonight the aforementioned salsa is down to one last remaining cup. My daughter said that she wanted a bit of salsa and said "I just want the potatoes part, not all the green stuff in it."

When did tomatoes become potatoes and watermelon became cucumbers?

LOL!!

1 comment:

Jueneta said...

Funny about your white watermelon. We had the same experience with our watermelon in our patch as our season wasn't long enough.