Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Critter

Look what Matthew found crawling under the bleachers recently:



I used my camera flash to figure out what Matthew was pointing to, but it was too dark to really see anything until I looked at the preview screen on my camera after I took the picture.

It was longer than Matthew's hand, and when it stretched to crawl, it spread out to five inches. But I had nothing for size comparison to truly show on the picture on how big that monster was. Matthew was convinced that it was a snake. I think it is a tomatoe hornworm, but I am not sure what it is doing in the concrete jungle at the school football fields, and it is cold at night.

After I viewed the picture on my computer, that is when I noticed a large ant next to it too. Maybe the hornworm was after the ants.

Hungry for a Halloween meal?

Look under the bleachers! There are giant bugs available for your potions and brews!

1 comment:

Marci said...

I have seen one of those outside of my house. We have crazy bugs here in Tucson.