Monday, November 22, 2010

Project Halloween Too Late

HI gals!

Recently I posted a closeup of a project idea asking you what it is.

It was something I just put together using leftover paint chips in shades of orange and black and a flat canvas board from Big Lots.

I painted it with leftover cream acrylic paint and attached the paint chips, uncaring if it messed up the paint. Of course it all part of trying to shabby it up without trying too hard. I used a little bit of brown paint here and there and dry rubbed it in with my bare hand. I sanded the paint chips and left the bits of them on the cream paint and it added to the overall grunge look I was going for.

Cost of project: $1.00 for the canvas board, and everything else is what I had at home.

Here is the picture in it entirety:



And of course I have forgotten to take pictures on what I did with it. I used it as a backdrop with some pumpkins and candlesticks with mini pumpkins in front of it. And sometimes I used it as a centerpiece "tray" and put a large basket of mini pumpkins on it. Turned out really cute.

So there ya go, I made at least one Halloween craft thing. Unfortunately I finished it like a couple days before Halloween so I didn't get to enjoy the display for very long.

However I am very excited for Christmas decorations. I already started Christmas decorating a bit in my kitchen.

Be back soon with another Christmas project. I have two ideas! One involves something that involves the word "flat" (no, not another canvas board project). Check back soon in the first week in Dec.

3 comments:

Cassie said...

Super cute idea!

TrishAnderson said...

Great idea!! I am sure you will enjoy it much in the years to come. I look forward to your Christmas ideas....

The Kemps said...

Looking forwarding to reading about your Christmas crafts!