Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Is This A Mormon Thing?

Earlier tonight a few of my high school sons friends were over for a couple hours, jumping on the trampoline, hot tubbing, and generally hanging out.

I made fry bread for my kids for dinner because my cupboards were empty and I needed to go grocery shopping. Flour was pretty much the only thing I had on hand with some condiments.

My son's friends were soon poking in my kitchen asking for some fry bread...

"Hey Mrs. Powell, what is this? This is good."

"Oh, you like it? Here...(handing over a 4 by 6 blue index card) you can write the recipe down."

So I got 14 year old boys writing down the recipe from my Pioneer Woman recipe book.

And later I hear that the kids were asking my son:

"Is this a Mormon thing?"

My son starts laughing so hard, and his friends then started laughing.

"Yeah, Mormon women give out and exchange recipes all the time!"

3 comments:

Cassie said...

lol, that's cute! I SO want to learn how to make fry bread!

HayLee said...

ha ha, so funny! I wouldn't say that it is a "mormon thing", but a lot of women in the church like sharing recipes. I think because we have an organization that allows women to gather together often.

Brooke said...

love it :) I wouldn't call it a mormon thing either, but maybe a MOM thing?