Monday, October 15, 2012

Heather Thrifty Crafted: BOO sign

This project was so quick and easy, it literally only took me 15 minutes from start to finish.

I was inspired by this photo I saw a half hour ago while looking at inspirations from crafty blogs:



I already have a white frame with three photo spaces, and I have been decorating it each month for holiday themes. (see here for example of what I did in May and the inserts I used for July: http://tweedledo.blogspot.com/2012/05/makeover-for-triple-picture-frame.html)

I had an old 1973 dictionary with wonderful patina that I got from the thrift store for a $1 that I have been using many times for different projects. I used three pages of it to make the letters B-O-O.

Now here it is:




So easy, so quick, so chic...if you only have dictionary or scrapbook paper, and a printer and no other art/craft supplies, you can do this! (Also providing if you have a triple photo frame on hand)

I set my size on the Word Document for 4 x 6, and I used WordArt to put a font in for the letters B-O-O.

The fonts I used were: Carnivalee Freakshow, Dead Letter, and Cracked (I had them in my fontbook for awhile) You can use any font you wish.

Cost of project for me: FREE!

Have you made a Halloween sign of some sort? Please share and let me see! :o)

No comments: